Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Foul weather

We knew that starting our project this time of year would cause some weather delays. I didn't think they would happen on day 2. We had a series of snow, wind and rain storms which prevented Danny and I from installing silt fencing this weekend. On Monday we had more rain in 24 hours than any other day on record here in the Seattle area.

Today the excavation crew started work again. The house site is in good condition, but the driveway is really muddy after all that rain. I will be glad when they build up the driveway with rock sometime next week so we can drive/walk down it without getting slimed.

The rest of this week they will be working on clearing more trees and brush and putting in conduit for the utilities.

2 comments:

brady said...

It was just a little rain....

Mike said...

I should get one of those french drains. I've seen video of one in action recently. :)